The Month of Thanks ....

On facebook I have been posting 'Thankful Post.'  I've seen it done in the past and was all over it this year because I had just seen the word Halloween too many times and in too many places.  And then the stores seem to go straight from Halloween to Christmas.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Christmas time too, but we seem to skip right over Thanksgiving.  We have so much to be thankful for ... God has been OH SO good to us.  So, I plan on celebrating Thanksgiving to the fullest.  Lets be thankful.


I'm a couple days late posting it on my blog, so this post will be to play catch up...

It all started on 10/31 with this:   WARNING: Starting tomorrow I plan on celebrating Thanksgiving to the fullest ALL month long. I plan on making you see it on fb more than I've seen the word Halloween on TV, FB and in the stores. I hope you're ready! IT'S GOING TO BE THE BEST THANKSGIVING EVER! :)

Day 1 of Thankfulness:  

Dad made a statement in church the other night after Zach and I finished singing. Zach was singing his heart out .... giving it everything he had ... Dad said, 'Enjoy the moment.' I was all grins anyway. But Dad's point was that things won't always be the way they are right now. The boys are going to grow up .... may at some point break my heart and look at things differently than they do now. ... ENJOY THE MOMENT ... have it to hold on to. So, this brings me to my 1st THANKFUL post .... I am so thankful for my morning rides taking Thomas to school. Most mornings all 3 of my boys and I are singing our hearts out, clapping our hands and bobbing our heads ... not to just anything ... we are praising our King! As parents we only get one shot at raising our babies ... we can't get back lost time ... there are no redo's. Obviously, we are human and not perfect, but I have got to know I have put forth my best effort in getting it right. We have a promise from God that if we train our children up right (in the way they should go), when they are old... it will not depart.



Day 2 of Thankfulness

I am thankful for PEACE. The peace that God gives is far greater than anything you could ever find in this world. I have known fear .... great fear. There was a time in my life when I would sleep in my bathtub b/c of fear. My first house had one of those old heavy duty porcelain tubs. Obviously, I now know how crazy that sounds, but fear causes you to do crazy things. Now, obviously there are times in my life where I may become afraid .... like the other day when I pulled my car over to kill that nasty spider that was crawling up my car door..... I HATE spiders. So, I hope you understand what I'm talking about with fear .... it was a completely different level of fear. When I REALLY met Jesus he changed my life and gave me a peace that is sometimes hard to explain .... but I am SOOOOO THANKFUL for that peace.



~Lord, Lord, Lord, you have been SO good to me. .... You gave me peace of mind. You've been so good to me. You have done what this world could not do!~



Day 3 of Thankfulness

Today I am thanking God for my friends. The last year (or more) God has really worked a lot in my life when it comes to friendships. I am still a work in progress, but I’m doing my best to let God do the work. I’m learning that just like every person/personality is unique, every snowflake an original, every day the sky looks different than the day before…. Each friendship has its own role in our lives. Each one unique, each one a little different than the other, but all cherished, loved and beautiful ….and if we allow it, each one can help us to grow, strengthen us, and challenge us to be better. I am so thankful for ALL of the beautiful people God has placed in my life. God gives us the best in everything!



Day 4 of Thankfulness

I am so thankful for my husband. God was so merciful and kind when he sent Eddie Lee into my life. My husband has been a huge influence in helping me to become a better person. He listens, supports me, encourages me, challenges me, can put a smile on my face no matter the circumstance… AND he lets me know when I need to straighten up. And even though some days he will intentionally fret the socks off of me (which he says is good for me), he truly brings out the best in me. He is an awesome Daddy and our boys adore him. Most important, he fears and serves the Lord. I am so proud to call him my husband and so glad to have such a great example for our boys...



Psalm 147:11
The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus IS My Shield

I had a refresher in learning a little bit about the Ozone with my kids. I’m sure I learned about the make up of oxygen and the ozone in sch...