Looking past the storm...

It was soooo foggy at my house this morning.  We left the house to take Thomas to school and it was amazing how just a couple miles up the road it seemed like the sun had cut through the fog, but at my house I could barely see the neighbors house.  It reminded me of something that I've thought of a lot lately and I don't think I've shared, until now.
Something has stood out to me this summer that I've never really took the time to see before.  We've had stormy weather come through and that makes days dark and sleepy. Somedays you just wish you could see a little ray of sunshine to help lift your tired spirit. 
I've been in awe of the clouds this year.  Even in the midst of huge fronts and overcast sky, I've seen these openings in the sky.  Proof that behind that storm the sun is still shining.  It reminds me that even in the storms of my life, the SON is still shining. If I can press through my emotions and mind battles, I will get a little peak past my storm and be reminded that Jesus is still with me. 
Paul talks about thinking himself happy(Acts 26).  It's not always about how I'm feeling or even my circumstances.  Scripture tells us that God inhabits the praise of His people.  Praise isn't praise until it comes out of us in some form (speaking, singing, worship).  So, we praise, God inhabits, and then what happens?  Strength comes, healing comes, faith increases, mind battles leave, love comes, determination comes, comfort comes .... whatever your need God is the answer too and if he is inhabiting .... your answer is there.  I know I've said that part before, but it's an area I'm working on .... I've gotta get past the circumstances, past my feelings, and focus on the only answer and the best HOPE I've ever been given. 
That storm of your life is not bigger than your Savior.  If we keep pressing and keep holding on ... that hurricane or tornado in your life will be no more than a fog for the SON to cut through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus IS My Shield

I had a refresher in learning a little bit about the Ozone with my kids. I’m sure I learned about the make up of oxygen and the ozone in sch...