Jesus IS My Shield

I had a refresher in learning a little bit about the Ozone with my kids. I’m sure I learned about the make up of oxygen and the ozone in school, but it’s been awhile.  Like oxygen, ozone is a little gas molecule. The difference between oxygen and ozone is an extra oxygen atom. Oxygen is made up of two oxygen atoms stuck together. Ozone has three oxygen atoms stuck together. (Makes me think about the 3 fold cord not easily being broken.)One more oxygen atom creates a shield that wraps around out planet, and keeps us from burning into a crisp. How amazing!

Did you know that ozone can also be made when electricity zips through the air, like lightning? The world’s biggest ozone ‘factory’ is located in Venezuela, around Lake Maracaibo. A place where it storms about 300 days each year. Lightning strikes an average of 28 strikes per minute, up to 3600 bolts per hour, or one per second. It’s known as Catatumbo lightning, and the storm is so powerful that it can be seen up to 250 miles away. All of that lightning creating ozone.

While reading about the ozone, I couldn’t help but relate it to Jesus being a shield around our lives. When we say yes to Jesus, we are no longer walking alone. He joins our life creating a shield around us. He saves us. He wraps his goodness around us.

How much more can we relate this example to Jesus being shield that wraps around us in the storms of life. The bigger and badder the storm, the more ‘ozone’ created around us keeping us, protecting us, fighting for us. The bigger the storm, the more he can be seen. 

Sure Shadrach, Meshack, and Abednego were different than the rest.  But it wasn’t until they were thrown in the fiery furnace that the fourth man was seen literally walking with them. 

I don’t know about you, but I find great comfort in knowing Jesus is walking with me, fighting for me, and a wall of protection around me. Life throws storms to EVERYONE, but, as a child of God, we have hope. We have help. And he can be seen in every part of our lives.

“For I, smith the LORD, will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her.”  -Zechariah 2:5



No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus IS My Shield

I had a refresher in learning a little bit about the Ozone with my kids. I’m sure I learned about the make up of oxygen and the ozone in sch...