~Give Me Oil In My Lamp~

During the alter call at church Sunday morning, dad made a statement about the 10 virgins. There were 5 wise and 5 foolish, but they were all virgins. I have heard and read the parable many times, but yesterday it moved my spirit. They were all pure and they were all seeking the bridegroom, but 5 had something that the other 5 thought they could do without. To those out looking in, there may not have been any visible difference in any of the 10. We do know that the 5 foolish knew when their lamps went out that the 5 wise had what they needed. I don’t want to be on this journey just to think I am getting by and things will be ok and find out after it is too late that I haven’t stored up what I need to complete the journey. I don’t only want to live a good life, believe in Jesus and just let the rest go. I want the wisdom and the oil. I want to be filled with what I need to make it to heaven. I don’t only want it, I need it. It is a necessity for my life. This may not make sense to everyone and that is ok, but I want more than anything to be drenched in the oil and have more stored up that will take me through the rest of this journey.

Matthew 25:1-13
Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept. And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold , the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage; and the door was shut. Afterward came also the other virgins, saying Lord, Lord, open to us. But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. Watch
therefore, for ye know neither the day not the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus IS My Shield

I had a refresher in learning a little bit about the Ozone with my kids. I’m sure I learned about the make up of oxygen and the ozone in sch...