~Hide His Word in Your Heart~

I just wanted to share an idea I read in a book last year. I wanted to memorize more scriptures. A way to hide God's Word in my heart. We live in a fast paced life and finding time to add anything else into our day, sometimes seems impossible. So, one way I started working on this was by posting scriptures around my house. You can get a bulletin board or just hang them on the fridge. I have a board in my kitchen and one in my bathroom. The one in my kitchen is beside the back door. So, I see it a lot through the day. You could also make a point to read it aloud each time you leave your house. The one in my bathroom I read while I am brushing my teeth, getting ready or washing my hands. The details are up to you, but posting weekly or monthly scriptures in places where you will see it a lot is one way to memorize scripture. I am not saying this should replace studying the Bible. We need to have a time set aside to read and study the Bible. It is so important in our daily walk with Christ. This is a way to include hiding God's Word in our heart during everyday activities.

Here are some scripture ideas you could start with:

1 Corinthians 3:11
For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Proverbs 16:2
All the ways of man are clean in his own eyes; but the Lord wiegheth the spirits.

James 1:4
But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Psalms 73:25&26
Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon the earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth; but God is the strength of my heart, and my protion forever.

Joshua 1:8
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way properous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Psalm 62:1-2
Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.

Ecclesiates 3:14
I know that whatsoever God doeth, it shall be forever: nothing can be put to it, nor anything taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.

1 comment:

  1. Love this idea - I am going this weekend to get a bulletin board -love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Jesus IS My Shield

I had a refresher in learning a little bit about the Ozone with my kids. I’m sure I learned about the make up of oxygen and the ozone in sch...