"Work to do Mommy!"

Hebrews 13:14
For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.

A couple days ago, my oldest son followed me to his younger bothers’ room and picked up one of his toys that was shaped like a toolbox and had a little hammer on the side. Then he looked up at me and said, “Work to do Mommy!” Then he walked out of the room and started hammering away. He has been saying this for a while now, even with his own toy tools, but this time it has kept rolling over in my head. “Work to do Mommy!” Then while I was cleaning today, he started singing, “Working building, working building!” He is keeping with this ‘work’ theme and even though he is just playing and having a good time… he is preaching to me.
So, I know this is really short, but I think my son has put it best and I don’t want to add to what really spoke to me. We are working on a building for our Lord. We can’t just be sitting around waiting on everyone else to do our part. We all have a part and we have work to do!

Hebrews13:21
Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is well pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus IS My Shield

I had a refresher in learning a little bit about the Ozone with my kids. I’m sure I learned about the make up of oxygen and the ozone in sch...