FAITH, TRUST and OBEDIENCE

Hebrews 11:1-3,6
Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
For by it the elders obtained a good report.
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him

Mark 4:41
And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, what manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?

Psalm 3:5&6
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Psalm 18:30
As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.


Our Sunday School lesson was on Joshua and the parting of the Jordan. Yes, there was more than one parting of the waters- Moses and the Red Sea and Joshua and the Jordan River. It never ceases to amaze me. Time and time again in the Bible men and women of God put their faith and trust in God, obeyed his will and GREAT things happened. He healed not just people, but Nations. God has his way in the whirlwind. Almost mind boggling, isn’t it? The truth of the matter is, it is probably easier for him to have his way in a whirlwind. I don’t know about you, but I can be very stubborn at times. And other times I dismiss a little thought and say that is just crazy or worry about what other people will think if I do what God has whispered to my heart.
Needless to say, our Sunday lesson got this overactive mind of mine turning. And every great move seems to have 3 of the same characteristics. You may look and find more, but 3 of them ring out loud and clear to me. There is Noah and the Ark, the Wall of Jericho, Joshua and the Jordan, Moses and the many instances during the journey with the Israelites, Nehemiah and the rebuilding of the wall, Daniel in the Lions Den and the revealing of the meanings of dreams and the writing on the wall, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego in the fiery furnace, Paul, John the Baptist, Mary and Joseph and the list goes on and on. Every move of God, every miracle all involved FAITH, TRUST and OBEDIENCE. There is no doubt a great move of God about to happen. There is a stirring and expectation in the hearts of Christians. There is an out pouring that at this point we can’t begin to grasp and it is right at our finger tips. I don’t know about you, but I not only want it, I need it. I know it is way after the first of the year, but this isn’t so much a resolution for the year. It is a resolution for my life. My goal is to trust more, to lock into that faith that I know is in me and to obey even those things that may seem insignificant. I can’t wait to see where God is taking us.

Ephesians 4:11-13
And he gave some, apostles and some, prophets and some, evangelist and some, pastors and teachers;
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ;Till we all come in the unity of faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus IS My Shield

I had a refresher in learning a little bit about the Ozone with my kids. I’m sure I learned about the make up of oxygen and the ozone in sch...