Obedience

Romans 6:16
Know ye not, that whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or if obedience unto righteousness?


Obedience- compliance with a command, prohibition or known law and rule of duty prescribed; the performance of what is required or enjoined by authority, or the abstaining from what is prohibited, in compliance with the command or prohibition. To constitute obedience, the act or forbearance to act must be in submission to authority- Voluntary obedience alone can be acceptable to God.

“O-B-E-D-I-E-N-C-E is the very best way to show that you believe. Doing exactly what the Lord commands and doing it faithfully. Action is the key do it immediately and joy you will receive.” I think that is how it goes. A song I remember from Bible School and it has a great message. There are benefits to obeying God, not only in this life, but also in the life to come. Obeying God brings joy and peace to your life. Everything around you may seem to be falling apart, but he will give you peace and strength to come through with a testimony of his faithfulness.

I don’t know how it was when you were a child, but I knew when my parents were happy with me. It is no different with our heavenly father; we will know that he is proud of us. He rewards our lives in many ways. It may not be with material things, but there is nothing like feeling a touch from the Master’s hand. To feel him wrap his arms around you just when you think things couldn’t get any worse. The benefits he gives, nothing else compares to.

Hebrews 5:8-9
Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Luke 6:46-49
And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings and doeth them, I will show you to whom he is like:
He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.
But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the run of that house was great.


Jesus is the rock on which we are founded. We must be settled and established in him and in his word. We have to grow in faith, trust and obedience. If we give Jesus all of our heart, soul and mind, it doesn’t really matter what we face in this life. We will not be shaken because we are founded upon the Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus IS My Shield

I had a refresher in learning a little bit about the Ozone with my kids. I’m sure I learned about the make up of oxygen and the ozone in sch...