Wake Up!

Luke 22:39-46
And he came out, and went, as he was wont, to the mount of Olives; and his disciples also followed him.
And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation.
And he was withdrawn from them about a stone’s cast, and kneeled down, and prayed,
Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.
And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were drops of blood falling down to the ground.
And when he rose up from prayer, and was come to his disciples, he found them sleeping for sorrow,
And said unto them, Why sleep ye? Rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation.
Matthew 26:36-46
And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.
And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What could ye not watch with me on hour?
Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
WAKE UP! WAKE UP!
I hit the snooze once again. Just five more minutes Lord. I hear him wisper "Seek for me early morning. Study to show thyself approved. Please come and talk to me now." I sit in my little comfort zone, curled up in my rest and expect God to work around me. He will be there when I wake up. I wonder why things go wrong. I wonder why prayers are not answered. All the while I am pointing my finger and telling God what needs to be done and just how I think he should do it. "Wake up!" I hear sermon after sermon telling me how I should live and the steps I need to take to get closer to my Savior. I wonder why I feel like I am hitting a wall. I wonder why God doesn't want to use me. All the while I am pointing my finger telling God what he needs to do in my life. "Wake up!" It just keeps stirring over and over in my spirit . . . wake up, wake up!! I start rubbing my eyes just trying to get them to focus in on what I see. The things that are finally starting to sink in to this thick skull. I am waking up Lord! I am waking up! Speak to me, show me your ways, lead me, guide me. Please Lord get this Adam nature out of my way.
Every time I hear “See the Bright Light Shine,” I feel a stirring. The song becomes a prayer:
I see the bright light shine – The light of the world- I’m looking for you, Jesus!
It’s just about home time – I have to be ready. I have to stay ready. Take away everything that is not of you.
This world has been a wilderness – Full of wrong turns and wrong decisions, but I am searching for you, Lord.
I’m ready for deliverance – Deliver me Jesus!
I’ve never been this homesick before – I need you Jesus, I need you!
Sis. Becky got this quote stirring in my spirit, “Who is this I see, coming up out of the wilderness, leaning on the arm of her beloved? It’s me Jesus, it’s me!” It is me Jesus. I need you more than the breath that I breathe. On good days and on bad days, I have to hear from you. I must be able to reach you on my own to know that when I call your ear will turn in my direction and he will hear my prayer. I live to feel your presence and to worship you. You are my King.
Let’s take it further. It’s (fill in your name), Jesus. We are waking up from this sleep. We have heard your word and we are obeying. We are ready to listen and walk in your way. We are laying aside these weights that hold us back. We are letting go of what other people think. We want to be in your will. We want to hear from you Jesus. We must have you! There is so much that God wants to do for us. We must break out of our comfort zone. We must wake up from our sleep and be obedient to what the Lord wants for our lives.
Everywhere I turn, I am feeling that stirring in my spirit. I have to get closer. I have to know him more. I need this self to get out of the way. I don’t want to miss what the Savior has for my life. I don't want you to miss what he has for your life. It is going to be so much greater than we could ever imagine. God is getting us ready for something great and it is right around the corner. We must wake out of our sleep and be watchful and ready. Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
The Lord wants every part of our being. We must give it all to him. When Jesus prayed for the cup to pass from him. He prayed until his sweat was as drops of blood. When is the last time you broke any sweat praying? Talk about getting down to business with God. Lord, help me to break past what this body feels like doing. Jesus said, “nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.” Lord, have your will in my life. You took on the sins of this world. You were beaten until there was barely anything left of your physical body. You knew what was going to happen. Yet you prayed until your sweat was as drops of blood asking God’s will be done. Oh, the pain you endured for my benefit. It shouldn’t be a struggle for me to obey your word, to pray, to not only go to church, but to get in when I am there. Not only am I giving you the relationship that you long for, but I will also reap so many benefits. My lost loved ones will be saved. Prayers will be answered. Healing will take place. I will rest in perfect peace. My joy will be full! My home will be happy in whatever circumstance. I will find the strength that I need to stand in this day.
Romans 13:11-14
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light.
Let us walk honestly, as in the day: not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.
But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfill the lusts thereof.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus IS My Shield

I had a refresher in learning a little bit about the Ozone with my kids. I’m sure I learned about the make up of oxygen and the ozone in sch...