~I've Got So Much To Thank Him For~

Well, I have officially turned the big 30!  I cannot get over the fact that 30 years of my life have already passed.  Time goes by too quickly.  God has been so good to me.  He has watched over me when I didn't watch out for myself.  He picked me up turned me around and placed my feet on solid ground.  He has given me a wonderful family.  An amazing husband and 3 handsome little guys that call me Mommy.  He has given me wonderful friends.  I've not gone without a roof over my head, clothes to wear or food to eat.  He put my broken life back together and gave me a desire for Him like I've never known.  He has shown me love beyond measure and I could never thank him enough.
I have to admit that I cried most of the morning yesterday.  The first couple people who called to wish me a happy birthday ended up hearing me cry.  I ended up shutting myself in the bathroom for a few minutes to try to get over myself.  It isn't the getting older part that bothers me so much.  I am very thankful for another year.  It's the part where my life will not always be the way it is today and I will not always have everyone that is in my life at this moment.  It overwhelmed me yesterday.  Obviously, I cannot control any of that and I shouldn't be letting those thoughts consume me.  For all I know Jesus will return and I will never have to be without anyone.  Allowing those thoughts to take over keeps me from enjoying the what I do have and the time we have together.  It's no wonder God tells us to take no thought for tomorrow.  He has got it all under control and he knows just what we need.  In the midst of my blubbering yesterday, I felt like God whispered so sweetly to me, 'That's when I will be even more real to you.'  Isn't that what he does, he whispers sweet peace! 
My 30th birthday turned out to be the best birthday ever.  My family called wishing me a happy birthday through out the day, even my Great Grandma.  Talk about melting your heart!  I was looking forward to having pizza and cake with my husband, my boys and a couple of my wonderful friends and I did.  In addition to those people, my house was filled with my family and my in laws (my wonderful enlarged family).  My husband gave me the best surprise ever, an afternoon surrounded by those who love me and I love so so so much!  Thank you Lord for ALL of your blessings on me! 

Matthew 6:34

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.



Luke 12:22-32

And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment. Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit? If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest?
Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith? And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you. Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus IS My Shield

I had a refresher in learning a little bit about the Ozone with my kids. I’m sure I learned about the make up of oxygen and the ozone in sch...