~Here Comes the Bride~

 We had camp meeting at our church last week.  It was an awesome, refreshing, recommitting, healing, life changing week.  It was Wednesday or Thursday that I knew what my next blog would be, I am sorry it has taken me so long to get on here and write it.

Jeremiah 2:32 
Can a maid forget her ornaments, or a bride her attire? yet my people have forgotten me days without number
 
 
Jesus is coming for a bride who has made herself ready.  The church, His people, makes up the bride of Christ.  I keep picturing a bride preparing for her husband.  My cousin got married last month and I watched his wife preparing for that day, the day she would become his wife.  And I remember being the same way almost 7 years ago when I married my husband.  I tried on dress after dress looking for the 'perfect one.'  I wanted the shoes that looked just right even if my dress was so long no one would ever see them.  I wanted my hair just right, no fly aways for that day.  I wanted to know that everything was just right and when my husband saw me standing at the back door of the church, I wanted him to be proud.  I didn't want him to have to say it, I wanted to see it radiate from his face.
Could you imagine being at a wedding and the bride coming down the isle and stopping every so often on the way down the isle to make plans with someone else or not being able to wait until the wedding is over so she can go hang out with the girls or go shopping.  If that husband had any sense at all he would run fast in the opposite direction.  When we truly fall in love, that person has our full focus and our heart.  We do whatever we can to make sure they are happy and we want to make sure we keep ourselves in line because even the thought of ever hurting them breaks our own heart.  And when we are walking down that isle our groom is the only one we see.
If you are following Jesus you are part of his bride.  We are preparing ourselves for his return.  Jesus is coming back and I don't know about you, but I want everything to be just right.  I want my heart to be pure.  I want my thoughts to be his thoughts.  I want to be following his footsteps and I want my hands to be doing his work.  I want my eyes and my focus to be on Jesus.  He has to be my number one focus and if he is, everything else will fall into place.  When my Savior looks at me, I have to know that he is proud of me. 
Jesus is coming back for a bride who has made herself ready!

Matthew 25:1-13
Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus IS My Shield

I had a refresher in learning a little bit about the Ozone with my kids. I’m sure I learned about the make up of oxygen and the ozone in sch...