~My Heart~

I just want to worship him. I want to fall in love with Him over and over and over again. With 3 boys ages 3 and under, I have to be honest, sometimes I wonder why I got dressed and went to church because I have spent the whole service either saying No, No, shhhh, be still, changing diapers and taking the oldest to the bathroom, running out as fast as I can when the get too loud because I don't want to interrupt the entire service or that last and great thing of trying to get ME out of the way. And all my soul wants is a little time to really worship my Savior. So, why do I go? Because I know that even though I may feel like I have missed the entire service, I haven't. There is something in every service that will stick with me, even if I am unaware of it getting in there. And my babies need to be there. My middle son reminded me just this past Sunday night that even though I think he has no idea what is going on... things are sticking with him too! In the middle of one of my Shhhhs, dad said Amen to his prayer and my son looked up and said Amen! :)
You see, the thing I have to remember is that I haven't always even had that desire to worship Jesus. Especially that longing from inside that seems to already be worshipping when I feel like I just need that worship time. And while I want to worship from the outside too, (I do get to at times), God sees my heart. My heart of worship. I am thankful that he is my heart's desire and that I have that longing to worship and to be in the house of the Lord.
~
As the deer panteth for the water
So my soul longeth after you
You alone are my heart's desire
And I long to worship you
You alone are my strength, my shield
To you alone may my spirit yield
You alone are my heart's desire
And I long to worship you
~
Psalm 27:4-5
One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in his temple. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
~
I was glad when they said unto me, let us go to the house of the Lord.
There is peace, sweet peace
There is peace in the house of the Lord.
I was glad when they said unto me, let us to to the house of the Lord.
There is love, true love
There is love in the house of the Lord.
I was glad when they said unto me, let us go to the house of the Lord.
There is hope, our only hope
There is hope in the house of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus IS My Shield

I had a refresher in learning a little bit about the Ozone with my kids. I’m sure I learned about the make up of oxygen and the ozone in sch...