Do You Really Know Him?

Job 11:6-9
Canst thou by searching find out God? Canst thou find out the Almighty unto perfection?It is as high as heaven; what canst thou do? Deeper than hell; what can’t thou know?The measure there of is longer than the earth and broader than the sea.

This passage is taken from the speech Zophar gave Job about his great sins being the cause of his misery. I looked a little further into these verses. Zophar says, “Canst thou by searching find out God? Cansn’t thou find out the Almighty unto perfection?” In my words: Can you look and find God? Can you know everything about the Almighty? In searching I found that these questions are sometimes asked to make a point that God is so great that even the most learned cannot comprehend Him because He cannot be found in a telescope or by any other man made means we may try to seek for Him. He is beyond this natural mind’s comprehension.
To know a man, you must be introduced to him. You must become acquainted with his ways and traits by association and living with him continually under all circumstances of life. That is how we find God. To know God we must be introduced to him. We must become acquainted with His ways by living with Him CONTINUALLY and under ALL circumstances of life. We seek Him with our whole heart. We must fellowship and have that daily experience. We must read His word and accept Him. We have to believe. Once we have given ourselves totally to Him we will be like Job and no matter the circumstance we will say, “Though He sleigh me yet will I trust in Him.”

Job 12:15
Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus IS My Shield

I had a refresher in learning a little bit about the Ozone with my kids. I’m sure I learned about the make up of oxygen and the ozone in sch...