~Make Me~

I don't have an exact topic for this post.  I don't even really know where I'll end up going with it.  I've just had this desire, longing ... this 'something' in me that knows there is something more that I should be doing or walking into.  I don't know what it is, but I know I haven't got there yet. 
I know I've said it in a previous post, but the song on here 'My Heart, Your Home' is one of my favorite songs. 
Come and make my heart your home
Come and be everything I am and all I know
Search me through and through
Till my heart becomes a home for you
A home for you
A home for you
Let everything I do
Open up a door for you to come through
And that my heart will be a place where you want to be

I have a new favorite to add to my spiritual anthems and that is a song that was sung at the ladies retreat this past year, 'Let It Rain.'  The words say,
Let it rain
Let if fall from heaven
Let it rain
To revive my soul
I need your rain
I need your streams of refreshing
Until I thirst no more.

I would say those two songs sum me up right now.  I just need more of Jesus.  I want Him satisfied with me.  I want to please him and to know that he is proud of me.  I am thirsty for things that I know this world cannot give.  Jesus is the only one who truly completes me.  Jesus brings my happiness, my strength to go on ... he brings everything!  He is the very reason I exist, so why would he not be the one who sustains my ways.
I was reading in Genesis the other day about the terms to God's promise to Abraham.  He told Abraham, 'I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.  And I will make a covenant between me and thee and will multiply thee exceedingly.' (17:1&2)  Abraham's name before this covenant was Abram.  God changed his name.  He gave him a new name, Abraham, which meant father of many nations.  One of the things Abraham had to do on his end was to circumcise every man child in his generations, whether he was born in his house or bought with money.  If the man child was to be a part of Abraham's family he had to be circumcised.  The circumcision was a sign of obedience to God in all matters.  A sign of belonging to God's covenant people.  A sign of 'cutting off' the old life of sin, purifying the heart and completely giving yourself to God.
I feel like there are places in our lives where God circumcises us.  He is taking off the old Adam nature and drawing us closer to himself.  He is making his mark on our lives to separate us from the world and showing that we belong to him. 
I feel like that is where I am in my life right now.  I can't say that it is an easy thing.  Not that I've been required to do something that I am not able to or that anything is even really disrupted in my life at this moment.  It's a soul thing.  Something I don't truly know how to explain.  It's something happening way down inside. 
I just finished reading Hinds Feet on High Places.  I heard about the book a couple years ago and just got around to reading it and all I can say is, God's timing is perfect.  I could relate in many ways.  I had my little highlighter out marking phrases and paragraphs and verses that seemed to fit so perfectly to how I feel.  We are on a journey and we have traits and habits that are not part of who we are meant to be.  And in His own way our Good Shepherd leads us and changes us all along the way.  He does it in ways that sometimes we don't even notice and other times there is effort and maybe even some agony on our part, but it is all bringing us to that place where God wants us to be... a place where we can be used by Him to help others find their way.  We are working on getting our new name.  Where we were once Much-Afraid, Sorrow or Suffering, the King of Love will change us to Grace and Glory, Peace or Joy.  Our part is to yield ourselves to Jesus ... no matter the circumstances or how we feel, we must trust Him.  He is making us new!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus IS My Shield

I had a refresher in learning a little bit about the Ozone with my kids. I’m sure I learned about the make up of oxygen and the ozone in sch...