~Age to Age He is Still the Same~

Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. While getting older scares me, I still see such beauty in age. The other weekend at church I just looked around at all the hands in the air praising God and I thought about what a message you could get just out of hands. My middle boy was raising his hand(he is almost 2) and then there were hands around me raised. Some my age, some a little older and then the elders of the church. It was beautiful.
You have the babies hands so soft and smooth. Hands that haven't seen the reality of life, but they are doing what they see. Those hands around my age or a little older that may have some scars or a few calluses from a little work and some are still soft and smooth, but have lost that innocence of a child because of life. We learn that at times life is difficult and not at all the perfect place that we would all love. Then you have the hands with those beautiful wrinkles, some a little twisted and yet they are lifted up to their Heavenly Father. Their hands alone seem to tell some of the stories of their lives. Those hands that have seen trials that some of us can't begin to imagine and they made it through. Those hands that have come to depend solely on their Savior because they have seen not only with their eyes, but with their soul that we can't make it without Jesus.
I have been so blessed to see in my own family the love of God from generation to generation. God's faithfulness on those who love Him and serve Him with all they know. When I was young I had 3 Great Grandmother's alive and I still have one living. One thing I don't remember is hearing God left me or He didn't see me through. I remember seeing God's faithfulness and their dependence on Jesus. I have seen in my own family and others how God works all things for the good of those who love him and are called according to His purpose. I don't remember one time hearing my Granddaddy pray with out saying at some point in his prayer 'Help us to love you, serve you, walk uprightly before you. Having no other gods...' I can't remember a time that my Grandparents or parents haven't been in church and lived what they so strongly believe. Jesus comes first, above all else. From generation to generation HE is still the same. Age to age HE IS STILL THE SAME. His mercies endure forever. He is FAITHFUL. He is no respecter of persons. What He has done for me, He will do for you.



~
Proverbs 20:29
The glory of young men is their strength: and the beauty of old men is the gray head.
~
Remember the days of old, consider the years of many generations: ask thy father, and he will shew thee; thy elders, and they will tell thee.
~
Proverbs 6:20-22
My son, keep thy father's commandment, and forsake not the law of thy mother: bind them continually upon thine heart, and tie them about thy neck. When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee.
~
Proverbs 14:27
The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.
~
Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus IS My Shield

I had a refresher in learning a little bit about the Ozone with my kids. I’m sure I learned about the make up of oxygen and the ozone in sch...