~Merry Christmas~

I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. I can't believe it is here already. I love this time of year. We even have snow on the ground! We actually had about 2 feet of snow, so that means snow for Christmas! We made a giant snowman. My hubby was the master mind behind the snow giant. It is the biggest snowman I have ever seen, so I had to include a picture. I love the snow. A fresh fallen snow represents purity to me. It covers everything. Just like the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all of our sins.
I want to share a very well know verse with you. Jesus is the reason we celebrate Christmas. It may not be the exact day he was born, but it is the day we set aside to remember that God loved us so much he sent us Jesus, his only begotten son. "For unto us a child is born..." Don't forget to celebrate Jesus!
~~~~~~~
JOHN 3:16

For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
~~~~~~~

I also have to include some of the conversation Thomas and I had tonight. He had a bad dream a few nights back. So, the night after the bad dream when we said our bedtime prayers we prayed that Jesus would not let him have bad dreams. When I tucked him in tonight he told me he didn't want me to have bad dreams. I told him I wouldn't and I asked him if he had anymore bad dreams since we asked Jesus to take them away. He said so sweetly, "I not have bad dreams. Now Jesus has bad dreams." My first thought was he is only 3, he just doesn't understand and I was getting ready to try to explain, but then it hit me like a ton of bricks and I almost cried. Of course, Jesus isn't 'having' bad dreams, but he does have them. He took it, so therefore, he has it. I hope this makes sense. You see he bore all of our infirmities, all of our sins, our sickness, our weakness, our mind battles, our bad dreams. He took it all as his own. You name it, he paid the ultimate price for it. So when we ask him to take it, he does.


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful story. Children have such a wonderful take on life. It would be great if we could all take the time to look through the eyes of a child.

    It is Christmas evening and at different times throughout the day I've turned on the television in hopes of finding a Christmas movie. Anything about the birth of our Lord and Savior, just something that is related to why we celebrate this day and sadly I haven't had much luck. This world we live in loves all of the benefits of Christmas (in the man made sense)a day or two off work, a bunch of useless presents and any other selfish reason that can be found. All the while overlooking the true meaning of Christmas - Christ.
    Thank God we may be in this world but not of this world. Thank God that He lives in us and in our children. What more could any of us ever ask for but to give thanks... Your page was a Blessing to me this evening. Thank you. Merry Christmas.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Jesus IS My Shield

I had a refresher in learning a little bit about the Ozone with my kids. I’m sure I learned about the make up of oxygen and the ozone in sch...