~The List Goes On And On...~

This is why I am thankful - Why I pray, I sing, I shout
God put something down in my heart and the devil can't take it out
I am thankful God heard me when I didn't know how to pray - He answered my prayer that day
I am thankful that Jesus saved me, in that good old fashioned way
~
I never want to forget to Thank Jesus for the many blessings he gives. I woke up this morning. I am well. I have a roof over my head and a pillow to lay my head on at night. I am not starving in any way. I am clothed and my family is clothed. I have a mind that knows right from wrong. I can see, hear, taste and smell. I have a family who loves me and respects me. My grandma is coming home from the hospital today with a report that all the cancer is gone! I am going to heaven when I leave this world. I have a Savior who loves me so much that he gave his life for me. He didn't have to love me, but he did! The storms that Jesus doesn't keep me from, he will see me through. I am thankful, so thankful to have Jesus in my life.
I am thankful that I live in a country that was founded on the Bible and even though it looks like the majority is denying him, there are Christians (followers of Christ) who are not ashamed and still have morals that they stick to no matter who is around them. I am thankful that the 10 commandments are made into the walls of our Supreme Court and they can't take it out. I am thankful that if we humble ourselves, repent and call on his name, he will hear us and he will heal our land.
I am thankful for spring, summer, fall and winter. The promise of new beginnings and new life. The warmth of the sun. The beautiful colors of the leaves, the purity of a fresh fallen snow. The calming sound of the ocean or a river. The sounds of birds singing. The beauty in flowers. The squirrels playing in the back yard and that crane that shows up every now and then. I am thankful for the sound of the bullfrogs that put me to sleep some nights. The color of the sky that seems to be a different shade of blue everyday. I am thankful for the wisdom of our elders and the beauty of their grey hair. The innocence of a child and the unconditional love they give. New love and love that has stood the test of time. Preachers that have given their lives to help others. Parents who give everything they have to raise their children (and I don't mean material things). I am so thankful for everything, even the little details that God put here for me to enjoy.
Count your blessings, name them one by one. Count your many blessings see what God has done! If you focus on the blessings, you won't have time to dwell on the things that don't seem to be going right. After all, Jesus takes care of those things to! We have so much to thank him for!
~
And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
~
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

2 comments:

  1. Angie your words always help me
    so much wisdom from a young woman
    Please continue Praying for me
    I love you family.
    Love Odine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You are in my prayers. You have been such a help to our family and you have a special place in all of our hearts. We love you too!

    ReplyDelete

Jesus IS My Shield

I had a refresher in learning a little bit about the Ozone with my kids. I’m sure I learned about the make up of oxygen and the ozone in sch...