~Just a thought~

So, my dad is the best preacher I know, but last night he really did an extra great job. He preached a message on 'Remembering Lots Wife.' I have read and heard the story of Lots wife many many times and I know that I shouldn't look back to desire where I have come from and trust me, I don't! Last night dad brought it out a little different or maybe it just finally clicked with me. He made a comment about how she tried to get away, she put forth the effort to get out. If it was in today's church world, she came to church, she went to the alter, she put forth the effort to make a change in her life and to all outward appearances she was getting it right. But there was a part of her that never let go of her old life. In this instance, she made it out of Sodom, but only to lose her life on the way out. Wouldn't it be a horrible thing to lose out just short of making it to our promised land?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus IS My Shield

I had a refresher in learning a little bit about the Ozone with my kids. I’m sure I learned about the make up of oxygen and the ozone in sch...