~Put God First~

I have just been thinking about where God has brought me from. He has been so good to me. I can't thank him enough for his goodness and mercy. I was reading in I Kings yesterday morning and these 2 verses jumped out at me:
1 Kings 2:2-3
...be thou strong therefore, and show thyself a man; And keep the charge of the Lord thy God, to walk in his ways, to keep his statutes, and his commandments, and his judgements, and his testimonies, as it is written in the law of Moses, that thou mayest prosper in all that thou doest, and withersoever thou turnest thyself.
They were words of wisdom that David gave Solomon when handing over his throne. My dad's words of wisdom to me, "Put God first and everything else will work out." From generation to generation Godly men and women wish for their children that they walk in God's way because we know that all things work together for good to them that love God. It doesn't mean we have a perfect life or that we don't have trials and struggles, but even in those times, he is our strength. He is a strong and mighty tower that we can run in to.... he is our refuge. He is the one that holds our mind together when all circumstances say our mind should have give out a long time ago. If we put God first, the end result is prosperity.
I am not talking about wealth, but I am talking about things much more important than money. This is the definition of prosperity according to the Wikipedia online:
Prosperity is the state of flourishing, thriving, success, or good fortune. [1] Prosperity often encompasses wealth but also includes others factors which are independent of wealth to varying degrees, such as happiness and health.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I testified last week that I am truly wealthy...I thought Dad's eyes were gonna pop out LOL. He was like, Oh you ARE? Everyone laughed, but they knew what I was talking about. My needs are being met & I am happy & healthy. I am rich!

    ReplyDelete

Jesus IS My Shield

I had a refresher in learning a little bit about the Ozone with my kids. I’m sure I learned about the make up of oxygen and the ozone in sch...