~Woman, behold thy son!~

John 19:26
When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, who he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!

When I was getting ready for church Easter Sunday I thought of this verse. I guess it is the mother in me, but I could just picture her looking on her son, not only her Savior, but her son(even though she remembers in the back of her mind that he was sent from God and this was his purpose and she knew of his miracles and teachings and that he had even said all of these things would happen). She was human and I know she wanted to get him off that cross and take his place. Her baby had been beaten until he was unrecognizable, not because of something he had done, but for the sins of the world. You see that was far as Mary could see, the right here and now. The same as all of us. She was told and knew that he was the Savior of the world, but this was the worst battle of her life. She may not have seen an end to it and I know she didn't see me at an alter crying out to Jesus and asking him to change things for me. Jesus saw all of that... he not only knew his purpose, but he could see the end result. We go through battles in our lives and we don't understand why things happen the way they do or why we have to go through the things we go through and sometimes we see no way out, but we don't see down the road. We don't see whose lives we may be affecting or influencing by the way we handle things or the way God brings us through when there seems to be no hope. Our lives are a testimony and we will not know until we get to heaven exactly how God has used our lives to help change other peoples lives. Jesus told Mary, 'Behold thy Son!' When we are in the battles of our lives we need to Behold our Savior!

1 comment:

Jesus IS My Shield

I had a refresher in learning a little bit about the Ozone with my kids. I’m sure I learned about the make up of oxygen and the ozone in sch...