~Pretty Is.... Pretty Does~

We are having camp meeting at our church this week and we came together expecting to receive from the Lord and he has done exceedingly abundantly above all we could ever think or even ask. I was getting ready for service the other morning and I started thinking about a little phrase my mom used to always tell me, "Pretty is, pretty does." It doesn't much matter what you have to offer from outside appearances if your actions aren't pretty, it cancels it all out. A couple lines of a song that I can't remember all the words to also started rolling over in my spirit. "Something beautiful, something good. All I had to offer him was brokenness and strife, but he made something beautiful of my life." Even my righteousness is as filthy rags, so can you even imagine how disgusting my sin and broken heart/life were when I turned myself over to him? I can look and see how he has put my life back together and I know that he is working all things for my good, but even more than that, he is making me beautiful. I am not talking about outward appearance. I am talking about the inside man, my heart and soul. He is making something beautiful of my life!

1 comment:

Jesus IS My Shield

I had a refresher in learning a little bit about the Ozone with my kids. I’m sure I learned about the make up of oxygen and the ozone in sch...